Monday 30 July 2012

"Charlie" The Ukulele

Ladies and Non-Ladies,

I feel like boring you with another one of my pointless blogs, as I have not been posting as regularly as i'd originally hoped for!

When the Olympics commenced on Friday, I made a promise to myself to not venture into the heart of London due to the expected difficulty of travelling. Yet when Sunday morning dawned, I found myself breaking the promise I had made only two days previously and sitting on a stuffy tourist-packed train towards Tottenham Court Road.

Once i'd arrived however, it all seemed worthwhile, for the sun was shining and the shops were full of sexy girls from various exotic countries. At this point I was quite enjoying myself as I took my regular stroll down Denmark Street.

For those of you who do not know, Denmark Street is a road in Central London with every shop being music related, from instruments and sheet music, to recording studios. It was here that a bright object caught my eye in one of the shop windows.


Further inspection showed it to be a bright yellow/green ukulele, a kind of miniature guitar. It was not something I had set out to buy, nor had I ever wanted one before, yet knew that I could not leave without it. So I made an "on-the-spot" decision and parted with my money to own this magnificent instrument.

I'm now at home and writing this blog with the ukulele i've christened with the name "Charlie" leaning against my bedroom wall. Aside from annoying my parents with endless hours spent trying to make a decent sound out of it, I think i've finally managed to learn how to play my song "Love".

Below is my attempt at this live version of my song! Please don't be too critical, i've only been playing with it for a few hours and this is the result:



I hope your all enjoying the summer!

Love,
Sherwin x

No comments:

Post a Comment